Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Unit 2 Topic

1. For my topic, I am choosing to do hospital visitation rights of gay partners.
2. Politicians that advocate and vote on policies have experience with this issue. Health care workers also have to deal with this issue on a regular basis, and the person that this issue probably impacts most would be the gay patients and their partners.
3. I think the people that talk about this issue the most would be the politicians and the gay people that are being denied their rights.
4. I think testimonies from gay patients and their partners and families would be a good source. Testimonies from the health care workers would also be good sources, and any bills that have been passed would also be very helpful sources.

2 comments:

Sara V said...

I think that this is a really interesting topic. Regardless of whether same-sex marriage is legal or not, gay partners should not be denied the right to visitation in hospitals. In some cases, like if the family has disowned the patient, the partner is more family than the patient's actual family and they should be able to visit them in the hospital. Good luck!

Courtney J said...

I can't wait wait to see your paper, Michelle! I think this topic is so important to so many people and will be a really interesting topic to research. I think you'll be able to find a lot of good sources as well as a lot of sources using pathos.