Monday, October 20, 2008

Research Experience

Source Search:
Lexis Nexis Academic:
Most of the articles that came up were not primary sources, and many were about the general topic of same-sex marriage. However, after a lot of looking, I did find a some good more specific articles.
Lexis Nexis Congressional Publications:
Most of the bills that came up were state bills which is not what I was trying to focus on so I didn't find this database very helpful.
Lexis Nexis Government Periodicals:
I found nothing in here. Nothing even came up when I typed in my subject, and I thought of many different ways to word my subject.
Gale Databases:
I could only find one article here. A lot that came up where state policies and bills on same-sex marriage or visitation rights which is not what I am looking for.
Presidential Documents website:
I don't know if I am using this website incorrectly, but whenever I type in my subject, I get all these links and a lot of the titles have to do with Prime Ministers and leaders of other countries.
Debates Website:
I really liked this website; I thought it was easy to use, and I found three debates that talked about my issue.
Election Advertisements:
I did not find any advertisements on this website that mentioned anything about hospital visitation rights of gay partners.

Overall, it took me a VERY long time to find my sources. Some of them I found without using these databases and just by using Google. I hope that the sources I found are good enough because I am tired of researching...haha!

1 comment:

Thomas M. said...

I also sometimes get prone to finding random sources because of getting tired of researching, haha. But I think you're off to a good start here!